Saturday 16 June 2012

mini album for baby


A mini album for a new mom with little time on her hands. It is meant to record the first year in a simple way. I keep the album small (6x6") so we don't overwhelm Mom with too many photos or journaling. 

I was fortunate enough to know the baby's name before he was born and could add his initial to the front cover. I also added some coordinating ribbon to the rings of the album to add a little bit more fun to it, I just forgot to photograph it.

I just love making these little books for a shower gift or after the baby is born.  I made one a while back for a little girl that is the pink version of this one, you can find it here.  


The idea is that each month there is space to put a photo and do a little bit of journaling but not too much, just enough. Each photo space is meant for a 3x3" photo and it will have a slight (about 1/8") border of patterned paper once the photo is in place.  I also added some double sided tape to make it easier to mount the photo.


Month number two. As you can see on the left page it would be quite easy to add another small image if desired.


Month number three and on it goes. Once the album is complete it's a great keepsake of the first year or a wonderful gift to pass along to grandparents.

These little albums are great to me for recording a year whether it's a baby's first year or a child's school year, what a great little keepsake.