Monday 23 April 2012

baby shower


I hosted a baby shower (for twins) recently and it was a lot of fun to put together. I try to keep things simple as that seems to work best for me and everyone seemed to have a good time. We did not play any of those games you would expect to play at a shower (gasp, I know) but the neat thing was, everyone seemed to be somewhat relieved. It was just so much fun getting know different ladies at the shower and having no games, allowed for some great conversations...well, that's what I tell myself anyway for not playing any games.

Some of the things that were at the shower were cake pops.  I have a cake pop maker, by babycakes,  and it's the best thing ever. I will say that the machine gets extremely hot and would not recommend kids using this but the results are great.  I was able to make many cake pop balls and freeze them prior to the shower...one less last minute thing to do.  I also made a few mini cupcakes to add to the variety of sweet offerings. Then some fruit, a veggie tray and few cookies. Yummy.


Then we had some napkins folded into little t-shirts which were a hit.  I just love stuff like this. I will try to put together a tutorial on how to do this but I'm sure you can figure it out from the photo, it's pretty simple.


As a shower favour for all the guests, I put together animal crackers in a small bag with a tag on top that thanked everyone for coming. It was simple but cute. And before everyone left we made sure they filled out their address on an envelope so the guest of honour would have on less thing to do when sending out her thank you cards.