Monday 14 May 2012

mixed media


Here is the Mother's Day card that I made this year. I get such joy making cards for family and friends. My family jokes that if I was to every buy a store bought card that they would be disappointed. They are always so curious to see what I've come up with.

Here is a list of what I used to create the card:
  • http://www.modpodgerocksblog.com/ paint (pink
  • alcohol inks (background)
  • bubble wrap
  • chipboard (base of card)
  • dictionary page (start of the background)
  • embellishment (metal tag in the upper right hand corner)
  • feathers (guinea fowl)
  • gesso
  • mod podge
  • pattern paper (bird and branch)
  • perfect pearls (at right side of card)
  • ribbon
  • ric rac
  • stamp (at right side of card for the perfect pearls)
  • tag (leaf)
  • versa mark (used to apply perfect pearls)
The list may look long but I just used what I had around the house and improvised as needed. Don't let what you do or do not have stop you from giving it a try, you will be amazed at what you can create with little.