Tuesday 29 September 2015

Alice in Wonderland Birthday Celebration

We did an Alice in Wonderland inspired birthday celebration, it was such a fun party to plan. I made a scroll birthday invitation that we rolled up and tied with a ribbon and a tag for the name.


I had decided to buy some artificial turf from my local hardware store for a table runner, it was such a fun detail.


Some fun table details.  Every girl had their own pretty tea cup to drink out of.


A mini tea set, a terrarium with a little deer and the Mad Hatter, so fun.


The Cheshire Cat had to be on the table too. These figures are from Disney that I happened to stumble across.


I made bubble gum flavoured marshmallows, they were super yummy. Below the marshmallows are a childhood treat I had, called Sue Bars, and a lemon cake in the background.


Some tea cup sugar cookies (recipe found here) decorated with royal icing (recipe from Sweet Sugar Belle). I used an edible maker to write on some the cookies, so fun. I made my icing a bit too runny, so some of the cookies didn't quite turn out as I had envisioned but they were still tasty nonetheless.


I made cake pops and had left over candy melts, so I grabbed a box of Oreo cookies and dipped them in there and then into the sprinkles. These were a hit, I don't think I had a single one left over.


From left to right at macaroons, mushroom shaped meringues and chocolate cupcakes. The meringue recipe I found on Sweet Treats blog and I am quite happy how they turned out. They were a little delicate so I broke a few of them but they were also a hit. The chocolate cupcake recipe was from Butter Baked Goods and inside was a surprise, a bit of Nutella and then topped with cream cheese icing.


The girls all got to decorate a foam glitter crown that is worn as a hair band. We used buttons, feathers, glittery pom poms and gems to decorate these adorable little crowns.



And finally the cake. I made a white cake from Butter Baked Goods. I used cream cheese icing from Martha Stewart and used just pink and cream, simple but pretty.