Tuesday 23 February 2016

Old Dining Table & Chalk Paint

I recently got this beautiful dining room table but it need a lot of TLC.  As you can see in the lower left hand corner, there was a lot of water damage on the table. We managed to fix it, actually we just flipped the table top to get a flat surface. This worked great.


I called Debra from A French Touch to ask about the chalk paint she carries from Annie Sloan and if it would work for a dining table. She was great to chat with and I got the answers I needed.  I really should have taken one of her classes but I just wanted to get started, so one of her classes will be on my to do list.

I used the colour pure white but because the table was so old, it gave it an old white look.  With a bit of distressing on the edges, it turned out way better than I had expected.  It sits in my dining room fully extended, waiting for guests to enjoy a feast around it.