Monday 11 July 2016

Keeping Memories

I used to scrapbook my memories and I loved it but once my kids were born, things changed. I found that I don't have time for everything so some things I had to give up.  

I still document my kids photos but I do it through a self published book for each year.  So, what do I do with all the rest of the stuff? Those prints that I had hanging on my wall at one point but have now been changed with a more current photo. And what about the haircut, or lost tooth, or report cards, etc., etc. The list goes on. 

I have decided (for now anyway) to use a standard 8.5 x 11" binder with page protectors. My kids are big enough to help out, which I love. Now the dilemma of where to put things is gone. What I love about this is that I'm all caught up really quick and if I want to scrapbook down the road these things, I can still do that. 

Below are a few examples of some of the pages in the binder. I used to print my kids hands and feet.  Now those pages are safely protected and can be easily seen for all to enjoy.


A small envelope with the hair of her first hair cut. And yes, she is standing in my fridge - how time flies from when they were small.


I used an envelope with one end cut to insert the report cards we get throughout the school year.