Wednesday 15 February 2012

magnets made with brads

My Mom works at a place where she gets a locker to store her things for the day.  She wanted to hang a few photos of her grandkids insider her locker but is not allowed to put up anything permanent up so the perfect solution would be to use magnets.  I don't know about you but I have way too many brads and I thought they would make a great magnet.  Here is how I did it.


First, cut the prongs on the back of the brad off.  I used some heavy duty toe nail clippers (I only use them in my craft room) but you could use anything that will cut through metal.


Next I made sure that the back surface was completely flat, otherwise the magnet won't go on straight.


Glue on the magnet and there you have it. I used Ranger Glossy Accents for the adhesive and Rare-Earth magnets.