Thursday 20 December 2012

Play tea bags


My daughter loves to have tea parties.  She has this adorable tea set but not really great tea bags, so I thought I would make her some.

Here is what you need:
  • scrap fabrics
  • narrow ribbon (approx. 3-4" in length per tea bag)
  • flax seeds (or other for filling)
I made my pattern by tracing a tea bag that I had in my cupboard. Then I cut my fabrics, wrong sides together. I stitched 3 sides of the tea bag (there will be no finished edge - gasp, I know) and left the top open to add between 1-2 tablespoons of flax seeds.  Now insert the ribbon so you will stitch over it when you stitch the top of the tea bag closed. I then stitched the tag onto the other end of the ribbon, again with no finished edges. It's a super simple project and done in relatively a short period of time.